#INNOVATE4IMPACT WITH INERDE !
Are you between 12 and 24 age residing in Africa, and passionate about STEM?
Do you know how to solve a pervasive challenge/problem in your community, e.g., city, school, or neighborhood?
Do you want to make an impact in the world?
We invite you to participate in our Innovate for Impact contest to become iNERDE’s next STEM Ambassador!
The competition is all about developing innovative solutions to real-world problems in Africa. We’re looking for ideas using STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) to tackle challenges like:
Lack of clean water
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To enter, simply submit your solution via social media (Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok) using the hashtags:
#INNOVATE4IMPACT AND #INERDE10
Your submission can be a video, infographic, or photo essay – just make sure it’s creative, original, and feasible.
Our expert judges will evaluate each submission based on its:
1. Potential impact
The 3 top entries will win laptops valued at over $1000 USD.
By participating in the contest and sharing your solutions on social media, you’ll be raising awareness about the problem and the need for STEM solutions and inspiring others to join the movement for change.
So what are you waiting for? Put your STEM skills to work and start innovating for impact!
Welcome to the 2023 INNOVATE FOR IMPACT WITH INERDE!
Please carefully review the competition rules and reach out to our help desk if you have any questions. We are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET) Monday – Friday and you may reach us at or email@example.com
All submissions should be made before
June 30th 11:59 PM [E.T]
We’re not much for rules here at iNerde. However, there are certain times in life when rules are necessary—such as when they help you win contests. So read the following, then get to entering.
If you’re under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit photos, text, or other content or information to iNERDE.
1. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
2. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. iNERDE will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. iNERDE is not responsible for entries that are sent to but not received by iNERDE for any reason.
3. All winners will be notified by the form/method of contact they provided to iNERDE when they initially entered the contest. If contest was entered by hashtags on Instagram, winner will be contacted on the same platform. If the winner does not respond to the notification within: forty eight (48) hours for contests entered via social media another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frame listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
4. Only one entry per person will be considered for contest entry unless the contest announcement specifically says that multiple entries are allowed.
5. All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively and severally called “Materials”) that you submit to iNERDE shall become the sole and exclusive property of iNERDE, and iNERDE shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
6. iNERDE may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
7. By submitting Materials to iNERDE, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to iNERDE free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
8. You acknowledge and agree that iNERDE shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
9. You acknowledge and agree that iNERDE may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to iNERDE. By submitting Materials to iNERDE, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
10. You agree to hold iNERDE and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature that arise in connection with iNERDE’s use of the Materials submitted to iNERDE and used in any manner in iNERDE’s sole and absolute discretion.
11. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
12. Neither iNERDE nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner’s use of a prize. iINERDE is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by iNERDE.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, iNERDE in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
14. Contests are null and void in any jurisdiction where they are prohibited by law.
15. iNERDE reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
16. iNERDE reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
17. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
18. The following criteria applies: In contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by iNERDE on the merits of each entry, in iNERDE’s sole and absolute discretion.
19. iNERDE reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for iNERDE to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by iNERDE, unless prohibited by law.
20. iNERDE reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.